Frequently Asked Questions
For the latest updates on leaving Afghanistan visit the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs website.
- Make sure you are registering with DFAT: Click here to register. DFAT will contact you directly.
- Awaaz Afghanistan is a humanitarian helpline connecting Afghans (IDPs, returnees) and refugees affected by conflict and natural disaster with information on assistance. They are a toll-free, confidential hotline that anyone with access to a mobile phone in Afghanistan can call for free to access information on and register feedback about the humanitarian response. Open seven days a week | Female and male agents available | Agents speak Dari, Pashto, Urdu, English, and more. For more information click here.
- 24 Hour Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra:
- 1300 555 135 (from Australia)
- +61 2 6261 3305 (from overseas)
For current visa categories currently being offered by India, Canada, United Kingdom, United States and Australia visit our Visas by Country page to find specific links.
Afghan visa holders currently in Australia will not be asked to return to Afghanistan whilst their security is at risk. For more information you can visit the Australian Home Affairs website by clicking here.